Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What? May 13 Again?

What? May 13 again? Please, it is boring.
I am 41, born 20 days after May 13, 1969. Certainly, I did not experience myself how horror the situation was that period. However, my auntie staying in the Malay kampung that time told me that they lived peacefully and not tensed during the period. She only "heard" somethings happened in KL and some cities.
During my very young time, my father always lower his voice when talked about May 13. I did not know exactly why but felt uneasy later on about this date.
I asked my below 30 years old colleagues and they said they heard about May 13, but don't know what actually happened and no special feeling about this date.
Thus, the May 13 story seems like just an old man story. Only people like Azahar, Ibrahim Ali, and so on believed that this tactic is still effective to scare the people.
Didn't they know that this issue had been practically settled among the people during 308. The people had chosen the opposition party to replace the BN coalitions, without any fear.

0 comments: