Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hopping (II)

A few MCA friends sent me similar sms explaining why the hopping is acceptable. They claimed something that a 50-50 Perak government is unstable & a lot of conflicts, and DSAI is the one who started the frog leaping and not them.
And now, a 28-28-3 government even unstable.
Firstly, MCA members are united this time and consistently given the same explanations through sms and the media, except Chua Soi Lek, who not so agreed with hopping to form government. Probably he did not receive the sms from the President.
Secondly, MCA blamed DSAI should not takeover government by MP hopping but now they accept it when things favour to them, claiming DSAI is the one who going to do this. In this case, if DSAI said he is going to eat shit, will MCA/UMNO to follow? I think the Chinese literature experts President should know how Chinese said "Things that you do not want others to do on you, Do not do it on others." (己所不欲,勿施于人)
Thirdly, DSAI is not the one who started it. We should look further back the "Ming Court Affairs" in 1987 and how our ex-PM overthrow PBS government in 1994. DSAI should be blamed by bringing over this tactic when he left UMNO.
In this case, I think some Gerakan leaders like thier Youth Chief Lim Si Pin's stands against defection should be encouraged.
I should admit that even I have a little bit doubt to myself about DSAI approach to get MP hopping to takeover federal government last year, but at that time, I strongly hoped that 916 could happen.
At that time, we hope that we should take this opportunity to replace the government and restructure the whole poilitical arena. After this time, I think I shoud in general agree with DAP stands about the basis of anti-hopping law, someone could hop but he/she has to resign and stand for the by-election.

1 comments:

romerz said...

Me too. I got caught up with the euphoria of the possibility seeing UMNO/BN out of government that I kept silent on 916 though it is morally wrong.

4 years is not that long really, after all we have waited 52 years.

Patience will be rewarded. In the meantime let us sock it to UMNO/BN in Bukit Gantang!