Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3-Leg Mahjung Contest Association

Of course I am not purposely going there. So happened that I was next door of MCA building visiting my client. So happened that MCA having their nomination day today.
I "jia pa bo shu zuo" (nothing to do after lunch) and walked over there to share the spirit of nomination. It was crowded with supporters and banners.
My friend said MCA is not One MCA anymore. Last time, they only wear white shirt even though they are in different gang. But now, they have orange, they have blue, they have red and they have white shirts.
The final top fight is between the ex-President, Ka Ting, the current president, tee keat and the "banyak mahu to be president", Soi Lek.
My friend asked,"Who will you vote, if you are central delegate?"
Frankly, i really do not know who to vote. I really hope that MCA could choose someone else from its 1 million members.
Ka Ting might get the votes from the previous delegates and those who had fed up with the recent fiery battle. But, could he win the heart of Chinese community, the voters for the next general election? We all know how he worked so far as President of MCA before 308, do you want to try him one more time?
Actually, I felt that Tee Keat used to be the hope for MCA to reinvent after 308. But I think he missed the opportunity in recent battle and the opportunity will not come back to him.
Soi Lek has strong grassroots supports and we never see how he perform as President. But his killing controversial sex CD scandal making his leadership unconvinced.
Even the senior MCA members said he did not think the party would unite in short time after the fresh election.
But the major issue is, could MCA gain back the heart of Chinese community in the coming general election which might happen within 18 months.

2 comments:

Lee Cheng Hoe said...

Since when you have changed your career to become a reporter? If you read my blog http://penangfengshui.blogspot.com/2010/03/feng-shui-of-mca-headquarter.html, I predicted that there will be still fight after the 328 election.

Anonymous said...

A bunch of clowns seeking reelection. hahaha...